As Summer creeps closer at something of a snail’s pace, I’m starting to think about what outfits I’ll need to see me through the Season. I’m super excited to be going to Ladies Day at Ascot for the first time, and can’t wait to bag some new ‘formal daywear’ (sounds very unglamorous!) for the races.
I’ve been doing a little research, and here are my top top 10 runners and riders for getting through the season with sleek sophistication, avoiding any dress code faux pas! (You’ll notice I’m a little keyed into this season’s hottest colour. I hope you like pink as much as I do!)
- This dress is so wonderfully feminine with beautiful lace detail and a flattering waist band.
Anouk Frill Lace Dress £249.00, Whistles
2. Channeling a modern-day My Fair Lady in a label I can’t get enough of: Self Portrait.
Lace Tiered Midi Dress £360.00, Self Portrait
3. Dolce & Gabbana have done polka-dots this season which means that the trend has filtered down to the high street and this dress from Mango has got me going dotty.
Polka-Dot Dress £49.00, Mango
4. Jumping on the band wagon of this year’s favorite, and most wearable, trend this bell sleeved dress by Roksanda will have everyone looking with admiring eyes. An investment piece.
5. Last year at Ascot, the Duchess of Cambridge did all white to perfection so this LK Bennett dress caught my eye. Also, as it’s not the done thing to wear white as a wedding guest, I thought the races would be a great opportunity to rock a color that I never get to wear when on mum duty!
Rosie cream dress £225.00, LK Bennett
6. The floral trend is serving up a beautiful bunch of dresses that are just anything but prim.
Printed Flowing Dress £59.99, Zara
7. This photo of this dress does not do it justice as I think it makes the model look too washed out. I recently tried it on and loved it!
Long Lace Dress £345.00, Maje
8. I’m more obsessed with the “LRD” than the “LBD” as I always feel so special and confident when wearing red. This dress is flawlessly striking and a sure winner at any event. I know I’d wear this dress on occasions over a decade and never tire of it’s sleek silhouette.
Victoria Beckham Wrap-Effect Satin Crepe Midi Dress £1395.00, available at Net-a-Porter.
9. This dress is a chic choice for any outdoor Summer event. Again, fashionable florals are catching my eye but for me it’s the sleeves and tiered midi hem that add to its feminine charm.
Erdem Connie Floral-Printed Silk Crepe de Chine Dress £1385.00, available at Net-a-Porter
10. I couldn’t resist including another Self Portrait masterpiece. This dress won’t get you in the Royal Enclosure due to the off shoulder detail, but it will get you noticed at a wedding…..stunning!
Self Portrait Guipure Frill Dress Cobalt, £320.00
Whatever you have planned this Summer from weddings to the polo, or just a great party, enjoy and remember – you’re never fully dressed without a smile.
Love Mummy B
p.s Feature image is Self Portrait and pink….literally obsessed!