My basement project is nearing completion and things are getting exciting. One of the main drivers for creating the basement was to give the girls a wonderful space that’s all theirs. Now they’re growing a little older, they often want to go off and have ‘secret club’, away from my keen watch – and so I’m super excited about creating a cubby for them to play and hang out.
If it was up to Big D, she’d have a glitter-sparkle rainbow-dazzle room! But, passionate about interiors, I have other ideas for a room that’s in-keeping with the rest of the house but, hopefully, playful and young enough to still get their seal of approval.
There are so many design-led brands out there catering for kiddies, which means you’re not just subjected to primary color pallets – you can go to town and really create something stylishly magical.
I’ve picked a handful of what I thought were the most inspiring ideas. But there really were too many amazing things to feature so I’ve pinned everything else I’ve loved to a playroom inspo board on Pinterest – check it out.
- Hibou Home Children’s Wallpaper in Gold & White – £70.00
- Ferm Living Mini Heart Wall Stickers in Black – £14.95
- Hibou Home Teepee in Indigo Blue – £70.00
- Ferm Living Mini Stars Wallpaper (Seen in featured image) – £70.00
- Lorena Canal Children’s Rug available from Nubie – £140.00
- Finlay Fox Rug Sew Heart Felt available from Nubie – £55.95
- Fox Play Mat available from Mooi – $160.00
Animal Wall Heads and Hooks
- Mathy By Bols Louane Tree Bookcase available from Nubie – £565.00
- Babou Shelves in Light pink (other colours available!) available at Nubie – £79.00
Toys Fabric Storage Bags available at Nubie – £27.00
Prints From Olive St Oriel – $14.95
I can’t wait to share with you the finished result in a few months’ time.
Love Mummy B