Hot on the heels of my Like Father, Like Son beachwear post, I thought I’d bring you the best in matching Mother/Daughter beach style. Back in 2013, I came across the two lovely little kaftans above at local boutique Indian Summer and just had to have them. So I like to think I was ahead of the curve on this twin trend now sweeping sunny beaches from St Tropez to Santa Monica.
When I arrived at the beach with my matching munchkin we received so many compliments. As a first time Mummy I was beaming with pride and so happy to show off my adorable double, and when I posted the photo to Facebook I had more likes than my wedding shots!
Me and the girls absolutely love dressing up, especially Big D who gets so much joy from feeling she’s a mini-mummy. From trying to put on my make-up (quite something!) to trying on my shoes, she’s a little princess that loves to be just like Mummy B. So I can’t wait to sport our matching kaftans in Spain again in a few weeks time.
Here are Mummy B’s top 5 picks for this trending “mini-me” craze.
1. Emmanuela Swimwear – In my opinion no one is doing Mother/Daughter beach style as well as this brand I stumbled across on Instagram. Their bikinis and one-pieces for ladies are something to get excited about, with beautiful, feminine and flattering cuts. The fact they do matching styles for little ones was enough for me to combust.
The girl wears the lola one-piece and Ria bikini both priced at 44.00 €, while the model wears the Myrto bikini at 133.00 €, which can be nicely teamed with the Blouse at 70.00 €.
2. Mara Hoffman – One for those uber cool Mummies that spent their 20’s clubbing in Ibiza and now hang out there in exclusive beach clubs with their equally cool offspring – soaking up the vibes of the White Island. Below is the kids one piece, currently in the sale at $84.15 and the Mummy string version priced at $152.40.
3. Heidi Klein – My go-to bikini brand for the last 6 years. Expensive yes, but the fit is fab and always makes me feel special and ready to hit the beach with confidence! If you visit the boutique just off Sloane Square the smell of summer sun and surf will soon have you in spending mode. I always seem to burn through half my holiday spending money here before I’ve even reached the airport. See this cute Lily Haster Pom-Pom girl bikini £45.00 stylishly in sync with the Palermo Haster Paddeleo £180.00.
4. OndadeMar – What I love about this high-end brand is that they co-ordinate with the kiddies in a few different styles, so that you can find your perfect shape. Biscay Bay baby girls ruffle one-piece is $85.00 matching the halter top with ruffle bottom $190.00 or alternatively the bandeau top and hipster bottom at $210.00.
5. Marysia – This brand caught my eye in the hotel boutique at the Sugar Beach, St Lucia. I love the simplicity of the shapes and their trademark scalloped edging. Although this combo doesn’t completely match, it discretely nods to its petite partner in crime. The little cosi is priced £125.00 and the stunning bikini is £290.00. The sporty design and fabric quality allows you to get active with your little ones on the beach and yet still look super slick on the sunlounger!
Happy holidays, marvelous mummies!
Love Mummy B