I’ve been blessed with two wonderful little girls, but if Boy Wonder had meant to be, I’d be jumping on the father/son matchy-matchy bandwagon.
With Summer breaks in sunny climes in full swing, there’s not a better time to sport a mini-me look at the beach.
All boys want to be just like Daddy and you’d be hard pushed to find a Daddy who didn’t want to see his little carbon copy in corresponding kit (just like me, only better!). Nothing quite says, we have an amazing father-son bond like cloned clothing.
This trend could easily look twee or over-the-top in everyday life, but anything goes when the sun’s shining and holiday season starts. Luxe swimwear brands are leading the charge with father/son shorts, making it uber cool and sophisticated to be stylishly in-sync with your little one.
Here are Mummy B’s top 5 picks for this trending “mini-me” craze.
1. Vilebrequin – The pioneers of this fun fad. Prices for Men are from £160.00 and £70.00 for Boys. Don’t be put off by the cost as these are great investments. The quality is outstanding and will last for years to come in Daddy’s case, but for the boys you might hope to pass them down to a little brother.
2. Tom & Teddy – An Australian brand inspired by having two boys and a love of beachside living and sandy days spent in the surf. Specialising in cool shorts for big guys and their little nippers. Prices £60.00 for the big guy and £35.00 for his stylish surf dude.
3. Ralph Lauren – Mixing up the colours in different prints to give a nod to this cloning craze. This Tropical Traveller Trunk is on sale at £52.00 for men and £27.00 for boys.
4. Starblu – Bright and fun designs that won’t go unnoticed for all the right reasons on sandy shores. This affordable father/son duo is priced at £90.00 for both pairs.
5. Orlebar Brown – Mummy B’s top choice. This stylish tailored short will certainly make sure that the lovely men in your life stand out on the chicest holiday destinations around the world. Papouelli (A smart children’s shoe store also stock a few pairs of these exclusive shorts for little gents) currently in the sale for £45.00. The men’s short is priced from £135.00, available on their website or through Mr Porter.
Happy holidays, fashionable fellas!
Love Mummy B