Today, the most extraordinary happened to me. I received a little tweet (do follow me if you’re on twitter @mummybisson), saying I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award! Having never been nominated for an award before, I was quite taken aback. You’re probably thinking what is a Liebster Award, and so was I. How could such a newbie blogger be nominated for anything? Turns out a Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming fellow bloggers to help spread the love and to network.
The word “liebster” has Germanic origins and means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant and sweetheart. All these words I am sure can be used to describe the lovely Franca, who was kind enough to nominate me. Franca is a parenting lifestyle blogger and vlogger with two lovely girls, so go check her out at A Moment with Franca!
In accepting the Liebster Award there are some rules to follow as best as you can:
1) Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2) Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3) Write 11 facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 4-11 bloggers who you feel deserve the award.
5) Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger that nominated you.
6) Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
11 Facts About Mummy Bisson
1. I grew up in the Suffolk countryside, so I’m a total bumpkin at heart.
2. I love horse riding, although I rarely get the chance now I’m a mummy. Big D is literally taking the reins these days!
3. My husband is a legend, great Daddy to the girls – in fact he’s watching ‘Annie’ with Big D and helping her with a jigsaw puzzle while I’m writing this – hearing them both singing along is the sweetest thing.
4. My best friend is my sister, we do everything together. Work, socialise and parent our children together. During the week our children have two mums which is an amazing support!
5. I speak to my parents around four times a day.
6.My favorite city in the world, second to London, is New York….love the people and the energy.
7. I skied for my university.
8. I have telephonophobia. I have no idea why, but I get total anxiety even picking up calls from friends I’ve known for 10 years? (Apparently Ferne Cotton has the same issues which makes me feel less strange.)
9. I love to sing.
10. I find getting my hair and nails done really boring – I’d rather be hanging out with my girls.
11. I met my husband in an airport in Menorca.
Questions from Franca
1.What do you find most challenging about blogging?
Getting to grips with social media. I’m learning fast, but I’m sure there is so much more I should be doing.
2.What was one of the most unusual experiences you’ve encountered?
Kate Moss cooing over Big D when she was a baby while holidaying in the South of France. Thankfully I wasn’t holding her as I think I would have dropped her.
3.Where’s your hometown and what’s the best thing about it?
Parsons Green, London is such a lovely place to live with a wonderful family community and fab parks.
4.What are three things you cannot live without?
My family, my buggy and my mobile.
5.What is your most prized possession?
My engagement and wedding rings.
6.Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal, loving and happy.
7.What is your favorite memory as a child?
Getting my first pony called “Breeze” from Humber Doucey Lane. A Strawberry Roan cheeky mare who defined my childhood. She taught me to love, care, try my hardest and be responsible. In fact I pretty much credit Breeze for teaching me to be a mother!
8.What is your greatest fear?
My girls growing up and not wanting to be my friend or even worse not wanting to be friends with each other.
9.Where would be your ideal holiday destination?
Any ski resort or Mustique, where we spent our honeymoon.
10.What’s your favorite TV show?
Keeping up with the Kardashians, I just love looking in on their glamorous lives – especially on days when my own life feels anything but glamorous.
11.Do you speak another language?
Sadly not, but this is a dream for my children. I would love them to be bilingual and look forward to encouraging them both. Big D has already learned some French vocab at nursery, which I am so proud of.
Finally, I need to ask my nominees 11 questions…oh this is quite fun!
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2.Who is your celebrity crush?(Does not have to be male, could be a girl crush or Mummy crush!)
3.Would you rather be invisible or read minds?
4. If you could time travel what era would you visit and why?
5. What is your all time favorite song?
6.What is your favorite sport to play or watch?
7.What do you choose to do when you get a bit of “me” time?
8. What is your favorite time of day?
9.What is the best book you have ever read?
10.What do you love most about being a parent?
11. One thing you would change about yourself?
If you are able to participate please tag me @mummybisson once you’ve completed it so I get to have a lovely little read!
Love Mummy Bisson