I went to a lovely baby shower at the RAC this week, dressed in a fresh, floatey LWD (Little White Dress). Pretty much all the girls it seemed had got the memo – white. It must be that time of year.
With a light tan, a few freckles and a devil-may-care attitude, white looks sensational. I don’t wear enough of the white stuff, probably because I’m around my girls so it’s a high risk option, but now they’re getting older I need to reintroduce some white brilliance into my wardrobe.
Here are Mummy B’s top 10 Summer picks that will see you dazzle in white this season.
1. Breezy voile epitomises summer days. With pintuck pleats, lace insets and a scalloped hem, this top is the prefect Summer staple.
Lace Top Rebecca Taylor £288.80
2. A good basic can knit together so many different looks and a great white Tee is an essential wardrobe item for every girl. I love the cut of this particular Tee, it’s super-flattering, especially on the arms, and the fabric gently skims the body, a true winner for me!
Whistles Ultimate T-shirt, £40.00
3. White jeans are one of Summer’s most versatile and chic wardrobe winners, but finding your perfect pair is no easy affair. Even the most toned willowy women out there can have a tough time finding their perfect pair, but once you find your match you’ll know. I’m a fan of J Brand Maria jeans as being on the petite side height wise, I tend to find a high rise skinny suits my shape best and the fabric isn’t too translucent.
J Brand 23110 Maria High Wasted White Jeans £180.00, available at Katie & Jo.
4.The perfect day-to-night dress and vacation go-to piece. This embroidered style has pretty scalloped trims and a silk slip for coverage. Perfect with a tan sandal or wedge.
Isabel Marant Ruthel Embroidered Remie Dress,on sale with 40% 0ff £303.00 Net-a-Porter.
5. This beautiful flower detail lace skirt will see you right at any Summer event. Team with a t-shirt for a more casual look or dress up with a blouse or Cami.
Diane Von Furstenberg Tiana Skirt £335.00, available at Anna.
6. All well-edited closets need one pair of flattering denim shorts, again not an easy find. Frame Denim’s mid-rise ‘Antibes’ style are soft and stretchy, and stylish. I adore the gold snap fastenings that give it a nautical feel, teamed with a Breton top for the ultimate island hopping style or in my slightly less glamorous life a trip to the park.
Frame Antibes stretch denim shorts £195.00, Net-a-Porter.
7. A perfect LWD. I love the long sleeve – as we’ve not been blessed with the warmest Summer so far in the evening I find I need a little coverage.
Roxo stretch lace dress, 50% off on sale now, £145 Maje.
8.We all need a cozy Summer jumper to throw on those chilly nights in the garden. I love evenings when you stay down the beach to watch the sunset wearing rolled up jeans, with salty hair and a thick knit jumper. Picked well, each Summer you’ll pull this out of the wardrobe and be delighted to see this old friend.
Chunky short sleeved jumper, 40% off on sale, £57.00 Boden.
9. A chic one-piece can look oh so stylish. I’m in love with the one-shoulder detail allowing the wearer to undo it while sunbathing to avoid tan lines, genius! The detachable belt defines and emphasises the waist.
Curuso Violet Lake Swimsuit, £150.00
10. You can’t beat a box fresh pair of spanking white trainers and I love the Adidas Originals cult classic.
Adidas Originals Stan Smith £80.00, Net-a-Porter.
Any of these pieces will give you a winning look.
Love Mummy B