Saint Valentine’s Day is round the corner and what better time to give that special man in your life a little nudge in the right direction. Having children sometimes makes you feel like romance is dead, so why not use this opportunity to put the spring back in your step and make hearts flutter!
Daddy B isn’t necessarily one for celebrating (or perhaps remembering) Valentine’s Day. In our early courtship, after dating for six months, I presented my true love with a beautiful pair of cuff-links and a card only to receive a rather red faced hug in return #awkward. I know we don’t give to receive but with a gentle push he’s come round to acknowledging (/preparing for) the day big day of L O V E! Nowadays, even Big D has caught on and she’s wanting to make Little D a card.
So here’s a list with something for all budgets, much of which will be cheaper than half a dozen red roses at London prices. All can be ordered direct from the office in time for Sunday and packaged beautifully… easy even for the laziest Lotharios!
1.Tom Ford – Lips & Boys (Luciano 39) £27.00, available from Net-a-Porter. Nothing is sexier than red lips and as an often tired mummy, nothing is more enlivening on the face. A colour pop of red can work magic!
I’m a big fan of Zoe who writes a blog called dresslikeamum.com and on Instagram she recently declared Friday to be RED LIPSTICK DAY to try and raise awareness for The British Heart Foundation along with Amy (Me Myself and Ivy) whose daughter has a life threatening heart condition.
Your other half could buy you some racy red lippy and donate £5.00 or more by texting DLAM95 to 70070 or via this link #WearItForIvy. Such a great way of spreading the love.
2. L’Agent By Agent Provocateur – Dani Leavers Lace and Tulle Balconette Bra £55.00 & Briefs £30.00, available from Net-a-Porter. After breast feeding bras and post-maternity knickers it’s fairly likely your underwear drawer needs a new lease of life. This stylish and feminine set screams that you are one hot momma!
3. Charlotte Tilbury printed cotton canvas cosmetic bag £15.00, available from Selfridges. This fail safe gift is fun and flirty.
4. J Brand crop skinny jean in torch red £205.00, available in Katie & Jo. The original Sloane uniform, donned by Hooray Henrys up and down the King’s Road. Be part of a new kind of red jean brigade with these smoking hot skinnies, perfect for cruising into Spring.
5. Bella Freud 1970 wool sweater £280.00, available from Net-a-Porter. A little obsession of mine. Ever since I saw my girl crush, Pandora Sykes (The 26 year old I wish I’d been!) wear this jumper I’ve wanted one, I don’t know why other than it’s just cool and I can’t help but to succumb to a fashion frenzy!
6. Adidas Originals Leather Sneakers £27.00, available from Net-a-Porter. This trainer of the moment makes a practical gift for any sneaker loving non-romantic romantics!
7. Commes Des Garcons Perfumes – Play Red, £70.00, available from Net-a-Porter. A treat for the senses, what girl doesn’t love to receive a gorgeous bottle of perfume?
Love Mummy B